At the centre of your being you have the answer, you know who you are and you know what you want ~ Lao Tzu

Saturday, July 13

Focus on Life - Week 28


This week's prompt Pretty Patterns had me stumped for a while...

And then my issue of Papercrafter came in the post, with its pull-out section of designer A4 size papers...


These are two favourites close up


And two more...


I especially love the boats...


... reminds me of Cornwall - and of course, I just love the wee moggy perched on the stern :)

All the other pretty patterns are gathered over at Sally Studio Sublime - do pop over for a look...

Till next week xxx

PS Please indulge me in a Proud Mama moment...

Yesterday, our daughter won this award at school for art and design - she scored 97% in her end of year assessment!!











10 comments:

Diana Taylor said...

Congratulations to your daughter - that's a great percentage to get. I love your papers, the blue leafy one is just fab.

Alice said...

I love those papers that came just in time. The colors and patterns are wonderful.

Congratulations to your very intelligent daughter and also to her very proud mom.

Unknown said...

So great that you get actual samples in with that magazine. Am sure you and that oh SO talented daughter will find good use for them.

Adrienne said...

Wow, cool patterns! Congrats to your daughter! My son won an award for art this year too, isn't it cool!

Shel said...

Very pretty patterns indeed - glad they came just in time! And a big congratulations to your daughter on her wonderful accomplishment. It's fun to be a proud Mama!!

Islandgirl said...

Congrats to your daughter.. I got the home ec award (it was a small trophy) at the end of grade 9; when I came down for breakfast the following morning my sister who was just finishing grade 12 had neatly letter a piece of cardboard that said 'annually awarded for burnt water and lopsided potholders' and taped it over the brass.....

I like the little house the best of those sheets of paper!

Alicia said...

Congratulations to your daughter, that's an amazing accomplishment!

Your paper patterns are simply delicious - I wouldn't want to cut them :)

Empty nester at last said...

Love the papers... and the one with the boats...soooo well, boaty.... Just really like it....

Congrats to the daughter, we can see the apple doesn't fall from the tree!

Thanks for sharing


Vera

http://mypicturesonlife.blogspot.com/2013/07/focus-on-life-week-27-texture-week-28.html

brokenteepee said...

Congratulations to your daughter - how wonderful.

Beti Horvath said...

What a wonderful array of patterns.