At the centre of your being you have the answer, you know who you are and you know what you want ~ Lao Tzu

Wednesday, June 26

WOYWW 212 - Framing and reframing...

I swear there's no way 7 days have passed since we last shared our desks! I think WOYWW is just sooooo great, it's tipping the earth on its axis, so we gather every 3 days instead!

I love that St Julia** mixed it up last week at her Stamping Ground, and posted ultra-early - I visited a load of new desks, mainly in the southern hemisphere :)

Anyway, here's my desk as of Tuesday late afternoon

(I've just noticed, I almost pushed Brenda's photo off the best of the desk - a near oops!)

I decided to crack on framing a couple of things.

Professional framing is so expensive, I tend to reuse frames I already have, if possible...

This is what I was framing in the pic


It's a monoprint by Birdie Fincham, which I bought with the last of my birthday money. I adore it - it's called 'The Blessing of Water', and it really spoke to me...

This is how I imagine my soul - the dear soul that's trying to Be A Vessel this year...

And then, I framed this...


... which Esther did for my birthday - I  know it took a long time to do and several attempts!

I just love how she's changed the year Liverpool FC was established to my birth year :)

Now, I'm off to visit desks in far-off places...

Till next Wednesday - a full seven days away!

xxx

** I propose Ms Dunnit is put forward for sainthood, as she's been hosting this mad party for 212 weeks with both patience and aplomb - all hail St Julia!!






8 comments:

Sarah said...

Thank you so much for including the print in a blog!

Have you ever tried charity shops for frames? It's where I get all mine from. You just need someone on take them apart and give them a clean/remove any old images, then either recycle the old mat or get a new one and you have a frame for a few pounds. Charity shops are generally overrun with them!

Helen said...

what a great gift - given that they're my team too!! Have a lovely week. Helen, 7

Candace said...

Thanks for sharing and have a great week

Candace #43

The Taming of the Glue said...

Great picture from your daughter and love the one you treated yourself to. I go to auctions to buy frames. You can often get a job lot of pictures with frames for about £10. Hugs. Pam#28

trisha too said...

A frame always makes a difference, doesn't it? And oh yes, Ms. Julia definitely deserves a prize, or a party, or may sainthood!

:)trisha
#144 this week with
a mess and a love apple

Marit said...

I love that monoprint you framed, it is indeed beautiful. The other painting/drawing (??) is really precious, gifts like that are the best! Happy ~ belated ~ woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #91

Nan G said...

I heartily agree...St. Julia!! Your new
Y framed pics are wonderful! Happy WOYWW! Nan G #108 ...running late like the rabbit. :)

Unknown said...

Yes, framing is SOOOO expensive. love the gift. Happy crafting. #12