At the centre of your being you have the answer, you know who you are and you know what you want ~ Lao Tzu

Tuesday, June 19

Virtual Coffee Tuesday - Down memory lane...


Hello again!

What a lovely day - the sun is shining, there's a gentle breeze... I think we could sit outside, if you want...

I hope you've had a good week... did you enjoy Fathers Day? We had a lovely lunch here - it's where we went for Dad's birthday in March, and we all enjoyed it, so back we went :)

I'd asked Dad to bring some old photo albums from his home - I'm determined to make use of these photos in my journals - many of which I remember from my childhood, and lots of pics my parents took of our kids when they were small.

So we had a fun time perusing them, and sharing stories...

Here's my Mum aged 20 - already married and a mother...


I remember this picture vividly from my childhood, and I think it captured many elements of my mother - attractive, elegant, yet remote... she wasn't a hands-on mama, and it's true, I'm more of a Daddy's girl...



My Dad was stationed in Singapore, which is where I was born... Sadly, I have no memories of our time there, which is why I used to pore over these photo albums.

Here's me aged about 18 months/2 years...



and here's my two at a similar age... first Sam...


and Esther...


I think there's a strong resemblance between Esther and me - especially around the eyes (and both she and I were thumb-suckers!), maybe less so with Sam... what do you think?

Well, I won't bore you with any more family history...

I want to hear about your week, while we enjoy this gorgeous June day... ready for a refill?

With much love xxx


2 comments:

poppy m said...

Fab blog. Love the photos. M

Tam said...

One of those cappuccinos would make me very happy right now.

Lovely photos.